Satellite Healthcare Takes an Active Role in the Future of Healthcare
As our centers and their staffs work to improve the lives of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) patients today, our corporate headquarters staff works to improve the state of healthcare for patients tomorrow.
Legislation Tracking and Education
Satellite Healthcare actively monitors state and federal legislation that could impact our patients and the way we operate as a health care provider. In addition, we feel an obligation to educate and inform elected officials on issues that impact kidney health as well as the CKD community.
Part of our industry leadership includes active membership in a number of regional and national associations, including board representation on:
- California Dialysis Council (CDC), a statewide organization which addresses legislative and clinical initiatives that represent the needs of the renal community.
- National Renal Administrator Association (NRAA), a nonprofit organization representing the interest of dialysis facilities and centers throughout the United States.
- Kidney Care Partners (KCP), a coalition of patient advocates, dialysis professionals, care providers and manufacturers dedicated to working together to improve quality of care for individuals with CKD.
- Kidney Care Council (KCC), a nonprofit national health care association based in Washington, D.C. and comprised of 12 of the leading U.S. kidney dialysis providers.
Satellite Healthcare and its staff also participate as members of the following organizations:
- American Dietetic Association Renal Practice Group
- American Association of Kidney Patients
- American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA)
- American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
- Council of Nephrology Social Workers (CNSW)
- Council on Renal Nutrition
- National Association of Nephrology Technicians/Technologists (NANT)
- National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation (PKDF)
- Renal Physician Association (RPA)
For more information, contact Gov@SatelliteHealth.com.