Applications Now Being Accepted for the 2012 Norman S. Coplon Extramural Grants
San Jose, CA, November 9, 2011Satellite Healthcare, a leading private provider of grants targeting researchers conducting some of the most innovative and important kidney disease research in the United States, is pleased to announce that the 2012 Norman S. Coplon Extramural Grants application process is now open.
The Norman S. Coplon Extramural Grants program, named after the Stanford nephrologist who founded Satellite Healthcare in 1973, supports United States-based researchers addressing critical issues that affect kidney diseases and their treatment.
Key details on the application process include:
- Priority will be given to worthwhile proposals from passionate researchers in the early stages of their investigative careers.
- Post-doctoral fellows should not apply unless they can provide assurance that they will have a faculty appointment when the grant is awarded.
- Grant recipients will be awarded a maximum of $100,000 per year for a maximum of 2 years (inclusive of a maximum indirect cost of 15%).
- Applicants are encouraged to emphasize the clinical relevance of their proposal, its unique features, and the environment in which the research will be conducted.
- Proposals will be reviewed and approved by the independent Satellite Healthcare Scientific Advisory Board.
- Grant Proposals and supporting materials should be submitted by February 17th, 2012 and applicants will be advised of the decision on their proposal by the end of June 2012.
- View complete guidelines and application materials, including an online application form
A highlight of the program is an annual symposium during which grant recipients have the opportunity to share their findings, receive constructive feedback and participate in a free exchange of ideas with peers and members of the Scientific Advisory Board. A list of past recipients and their research projects can be viewed here.
Satellite Healthcare is dedicated to examining the scientific basis of kidney disease and its treatment. Our goal is share our commitment to making life better for those living with kidney disease. We look forward to receiving your applications. For more information regarding the grants, please contact email@example.com.
About Satellite Healthcare:
Satellite Healthcare, Inc., is one of the nation’s first and leading providers of dialysis services and kidney disease care. With its affiliated services, Satellite WellBound, Satellite Dialysis and Satellite Research, Satellite Healthcare provides unparalleled early patient wellness education, personalized clinical services and a complete range of dialysis therapy choices. In addition, Satellite Healthcare has a deeply entrenched commitment to philanthropy, from distributing millions of dollars in research grants to sponsoring kidney walks nationwide. Taken together, these activities enable the organization to advance the standard of chronic kidney disease care so patients can achieve a better life.
Better care. Better life. Better choice.®
For more information about Satellite Healthcare and its mission to make life better for those with Chronic Kidney Disease, please visit www.satellitehealth.com.
Media Contact: Kim Hernandez, 650-404-3623# # #