Recipe: Carrot, Leek and Goat Cheese Tarts
Jan 27, 2011
Servings: Entrée 4: Appetizer 8
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh or 2 tsp. dried mixed herbs (oregano, sage, etc.)
- 14 oz pkg. prepared puff pastry dough
- 6 oz. soft goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large saucepan, boil the carrots in plenty of water for 5 minutes. Add the leeks and boil for 5 more minutes. Drain well, then return to pan. Stir in olive oil, garlic and herbs; let cool.
- Cut the pastry dough into eight squares and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Divide the vegetable mixture into eight equal portions and spread onto each pastry square, leaving a ¼” border around the edge. Dot the goat cheese on top of the vegetables. Bake 30 minute or until pastry is golden brown.
- Makes 4 servings as an or 8 servings as an appetizer.
*Nutrient analysis not available. High protein, high calorie, low potassium, low phosphate.