Recipe: Chicken Nuggets & Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into 36 bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. liquid non-dairy creamer
- 3 cups finely crushed low-sodium cornflakes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Stir mustard, mayonnaise, honey and Worcestershire sauce together in a small bowl. Place in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine egg and non-dairy creamer in a small bowl. Crush cornflakes and pour crumbs into a large zip-top bag. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then shake in zip-top bag to coat with cornflake crumbs. Bake nuggets on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray for 15 minutes or until done.
- Remove honey mustard sauce from refrigerator and serve alongside nuggets for dipping.
Nutrient analysis per 3 nuggets and 1 Tbsp. sauce
Calcium 10 mg
Carbohydrates 17 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Fat 8 g
Fiber 0.5 g
Phosphorus 67 mg
Potassium 99 mg
Protein 7 g
Sodium 184 mg