Recipe: Lamb Leg Roast with Chili-Mint Sauce
- 1 ½ lb. lean lamb leg roast
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and thickly sliced
- ¼ cup prepared sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup mint jelly
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 small potatoes, dialyzed*
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into 6 pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pierce lamb with a sharp knife and insert garlic slices. Place on a rack in a roasting pan and bake for 30–35 minutes.
- Preheat canola oil on a baking sheet in the oven. Add potato halves, coating in hot oil. Cook for 40 minutes or until soft.
- Combine sweet chili sauce, mint jelly and water in a pan and heat until melted and syrupy. Baste lamb twice with sauce during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Remove lamb from oven, tent with foil and leave to rest 20 minutes before carving.
- Steam carrots and broccoli in microwave or on stovetop.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over sliced lamb and serve with steamed vegetables.
*Dialyzed potatoes contain less potassium than regular potatoes. To dialyze potatoes: Peel and eye fresh potatoes, place them into cold water so they won’t darken. Slice potatoes 1/8 inch thick. Rinse in warm water a few seconds. Soak for a minimum of 2 hours in warm water. Rinse under warm water again for a few seconds. Cook for 5 minutes, but with 5 times the amount of water to the amount of potatoes.
Nutrient Analysis per serving
Carbohydrate 15 g
Fat 16 g
Phosphorus 389 mg
Potassium 1134 mg
Protein 33 g
Sodium 124 mg