Recipe: Carnival Chicken with Peppers and Rice
May 23, 2011
- 4–8 chicken pieces (thighs and/or breast halves)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz. dry white wine
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 14 oz. chopped tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and coat with the olive oil and ground black pepper. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the dish and set aside. Add chopped onion and peppers to the dish. Mix together: wine, water hot pepper sauce and lemon juice, and add to onions and peppers. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and rice.
- Place chicken on top of the rice mixture, cover and bake 40 minutes longer or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
*Nutrient analysis not available. High protein, low potassium, low phosphate.