Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) is a condition that millions of people have learned to live with. Today’s medical advances and experienced caregivers provide patients the ability to get their dialysis treatment, make healthy lifestyle choices, and then get on with the rest of their lives.
Dialysis patients have trusted Satellite for nearly 40 years with their health and wellness. We are a not-for-profit organization, which means our primary focus is on you, the patient. Our state-of-the-art centers are staffed with friendly, helpful professionals who are focused on helping you take control of your health, tailor your dialysis treatments to your individual needs, and feel your best.
Helping Patients Adjust to Dialysis. The first days of dialysis treatment can feel overwhelming, but Satellite is there to help you get off on the right foot with our Optimal Start® Program. We help new patients understand what’s happening and how they can help themselves to start feel better.
Finding Ways To Fit Dialysis Into Your Life. Satellite Dialysis centers offer a number of treatment options. With your doctor’s help, you can pick one that fits your health needs as well as your lifestyle, freeing you to continue your career, attend school and enjoy your family. In addition, our Satellite Dialysis centers offer extended hours so you can schedule treatments at times that work best for you.
Here When You Need Us. As you settle into a dialysis treatment plan, your center treatment team works with you and your family to answer questions and solve any problems that may arise. Things like:
- Understanding how diet affects dialysis treatment
- Adjusting your treatment day and time to meet schedule changes
- Learning about community resources to help with transportation and other expenses
- Introducing you to other people with CKD to share ideas, information, and tips
- Access to individual, family and group counseling to help adjust to the changes dialysis brings
- Tips on how to travel and vacation while on dialysis
- Helping you work through insurance coverage and other financial issues
For more information on our in-center programs, please contact CenterDialysis@SatelliteHealth.com.