Satellite Healthcare Leaders to Give Multiple Talks, Receive Award at 31st Annual Dialysis Conference
San Jose, CA, February 15, 2011 ‚ Satellite Healthcare, one of the country’s first and leading not-for-profit providers of full-spectrum treatment for chronic kidney disease, is pleased to announce its extensive involvement in the 31st Annual Dialysis Conference (ADC) February 20-22, 2011 in Phoenix, Arizona. The ADC provides a dynamic forum for practitioners and researchers from around the world to discuss current developments in the field of dialysis.
“Sharing the depth and breadth of Satellite’s expertise in chronic kidney disease at this conference is always a highlight of our year,” said Mark Burke, Chief Executive Officer of Satellite Healthcare. “I am exceptionally proud of our staff’s commitment to raising the bar not only by delivering first-rate care to our current patients, but also by carrying out critical research that will impact generations to come.”
Satellite Healthcare representatives will host display booths #39/#40, and will give poster and speaking presentations on a broad range of subjects including various aspects of home dialysis, nocturnal in-center hemodialysis, and demographic factors that influence the dialysis experience, among others.
In addition, Sandra Martyn, RN of WellBound of Emeryville (Calif.), will receive the “Best HD Abstract Award” for her abstract “Using Angiocaths to Create Buttonhole Tunnel Tracks.” This will mark the third year in a row that a Satellite Healthcare nurse has received this prestigious award.
Poster presentations by Satellite Healthcare practitioners will include:
- It Can Work: Providing Hemodialysis in a Rehabilitation Facility ‚ Irma Funes, RN Clinical Nurse Manager of WellBound of Evanston (Ill.)
- Improving Home Dialysis Patient Retention: Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) ‚ Eileen MacFarlane, RN Clinical Nurse Manager of WellBound of Mercer (NJ)
- The Perfect Storm: The Impact of Disease, Ethnicity, Culture & Age on Dialysis Treatment ‚ Susan Pfettscher, RN Clinical Nurse Manager of WellBound San Francisco
- Home Dialysis: Are Pets a Danger? ‚ Susan Pfettscher, RN Clinical Nurse Manager of WellBound of San Francisco
- Saturday Clinics Increase Convenience for Working Home Dialysis Patients ‚Janet Patterson, RN Clinical Nurse Manager WellBound of Vallejo (Calif.)
- Factors Associated with Long-Term Success on Peritoneal Dialysis (PD): Analysis Characteristics for Success ‚ Sheree Piccinini, RN Clinical Nurse Manager of WellBound of Modesto (Calif.)
The internationally recognized researchers who will share their findings include:
- Brigitte Schiller, MD, the Chief Medical Officer of Satellite Healthcare, who will speak on the topics of “Cardiac Stunning in Center and Home Dialysis,” “Eight Years Experience of a Home Dialysis Provider ‚ Achievements and Opportunities,” and “PD in Diabetic Patients.”
- Kim Hadley, RN Clinical Nurse Manager of WellBound of Emeryville, who will present a talk on the “Adult HD Patient.”
- Sheila Doss, BSN CNN CCRA-Nursing Director of Research, who will discuss “Effects of Dialysate Sodium on Weight Gain;” and “Nocturnal In-center Hemodialysis ‚ A Pilot Program Becomes an Alternative Therapy Option ‚ Logistics Issues and Improved Clinical Outcomes.”
About Satellite Healthcare: Satellite Healthcare, Inc. is one of the nation’s first and leading providers of dialysis services and kidney disease care. With its affiliated services ‚ Satellite WellBound, Satellite Dialysis and Satellite Research, Satellite Healthcare provides early patient wellness education, personalized clinical services and a complete range of dialysis therapy choices. This comprehensive offering allows Satellite Healthcare to advance the standard of chronic kidney disease care so patients can achieve a better life.
Better care. Better life. Better choice.
For more information about Satellite Healthcare and its mission to make life better for those with Chronic Kidney Disease, please visit www.SatelliteHealth.com.
Media Contact: Kim Hernandez, 650-404-3623