- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- ¼ cup cucumber, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 scallions, finely scopped
- 14 oz. can red kidney beans, drained
- freshly ground black pepper
Place bulgur in a microwaveable dish and pour in boiling water to cover. Microwave for 2 minutes on full power, let stand 10 minutes, drain and let cool. Add remaining ingredients to room-temperature bulgur. Mix well and season with pepper to taste.
*Nutrient analysis not available. High protein, low potassium, low phosphate.