Recipe: Low Sodium Deviled Eggs
Easter is just around the corner and what could be a more appropriate appetizer than deviled eggs? This low sodium version is on the tangy and sweet side. If you’re in a pinch, but need an easier way to fill the eggs, remember you can always fill a ziplock baggie with the mixture and cut the corner for a makeshift piping bag.
Makes:6, 1 egg servings
Calories:86; Potassium: 63 mg; Sodium: 106 mg; Protein: 5.6 g; Total Fat: 6 g
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- paprika for garnish (optional)
- Slice eggs in half and remove yolks; set whites aside.
- Mash yolks with a fork in a small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard and onion powder. Mix well until smooth.
- Stuff egg white halves with mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Refrigerate until serving – enjoy!