Satellite Healthcare Grant Recipients Share Research Findings at 2018 Symposium Study Synopses
Satellite Healthcare, a leading provider of dialysis services, today announced the key findings of its 2018 Extramural Grants Symposium aimed at research that improves care for people who suffer from chronic kidney disease (CKD). Recognizing the importance of supporting applied clinical research, each year Satellite Healthcare grants funding for projects that seek to improve the lives of those living with CKD.
The symposium offers the opportunity for grant recipients to present their work and evaluate new research applications. Some highlights from this year’s studies include:
- Dr. Teresa K. Chen, MD, John Hopkins University School of Medicine – Risk Variants, Cardiovascular Disease, and Mortality among African Americans with Incident Hemodialysis
- Dr. LaTonya Hickson, MD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN – Functional Characteristics of Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem Cells in Diabetic CKD
- Dr. Colin Lenihan, Stanford University – HLA Sensitization in Patients Wait-listed for Kidney Transplant
- Dr. Bjorg Thorsteinsdottir, MD, Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN – Evidence Based Encounter Decision Aid for Elderly Patients
- Dr. Soham Rej, McGill University – Mindfulness Intervention for Depression and Anxiety Symptoms in Patients Undergoing Dialysis: A Pilot Randomized Control Trial with an Active Control
About Satellite Healthcare
Satellite Healthcare, Inc. has been among the nation’s leading not-for-profit providers of kidney dialysis and related services since 1974. Through its affiliated services, Satellite WellBound, Satellite Dialysis and Satellite Research, Satellite Healthcare provides unparalleled early patient wellness education, personalized clinical services, and a complete range of dialysis therapy choices. In addition, Satellite Healthcare has a well-recognized, enduring commitment to philanthropy and community service, from funding millions of dollars in research grants to sponsoring kidney programs nationwide. Satellite Healthcare is committed to advancing the standard of chronic kidney disease care so patients enjoy a better life.